Friday, March 27, 2015

Poem I wrote: Positivity

One night a while ago I was laying in bed and couldn't sleep. I kept thinking to myself the start of  a poem. I've written a lot of poems, usually they come out of me when there is a lot of emotion about something specific. (Most of the time sad poems) I haven't written poems in a long time (to be honest my life is pretty great these days! I can't complain!!!) So when I started to write this poem it was a different swing in a good light instead of my old typical sad ones. So it has become one of my favorites. Its just a simple poem, but hopefully you'll enjoy it too!

Positivity is a choice inside you,
Whether you believe it or not its true,
Like a muscle it may be weak,
It will get stronger, the more you learn, the more you seek.

Hard times do come our way,
It may even seem hard to get up day to day,
Frustrated or just depressed you want to stand up and say,
What more of a price will I have to pay?

It's easy to see the beauty of the sunset,
It's calming and happy with nothing to fret,
But when the sun sets and darkness abides,
Are those same feelings there or set aside?

Do you choose to see all the darkness that came?
The beauty is gone and its just not the same?
Or perhaps you choose to look a little higher in the sky,
Gasp in surprise and let out a big sigh,
You see the stars and find the beauty within.
It can be hard to disregard the darkness of sadness and sin.
The more we'll look the more we'll see,
A bright moon and milky way in all its majesty!

So look for the stars when the darkness shows up,
the positivity will start to develop,
Keep going on that path as little as it may seem,
Before you know it there will be a bright beam.

The sun starting to come over the horizon
Remember to practice even when it's easy and fun
Because as darkness comes with life for everyone,
We can look for the stars and wait for the sun. 

No comments: