Saturday, March 3, 2012

Secret Saturdays


12 Days of Christmas
One Christmas season I decided I was going to do the 12 days of Christmas to someone that I dearly loved--my Young Women's leader Joni Thacker. I have always had a special bond with and her and its only grown through the years.
I was such a goofy little teenager. I did it all on my own. Although I am convinced she knew from the beginning who was doing it-- I thought I was being sneaky and secretive. Most of the things I did were made by me, kind of ridiculous and am embarrassed to even claim some of those things that I did. Some of which are home made suckers that were weird shaped and uneven in thickness because I didn't have molds to put them in, other homemade goods (not that she didn't get them enough this time of year! DUH JULIE!) but worst one is one night it was late and I had totally forgotten that I didn't do it so I grabbed some of our treats that neighbors had given us and put them on a plate for her. HOW EMBARASSING, she totally got things she already had and knew it!
Oh well its the thought that counts right? It was a lot of fun and it made me happy to do it.

So the SECRET IS OUT. I did 12 days of Christmas for Joni. SURE LOVE HER!!! --isn't she cute!

No comments: